The world is a constant whirlwind of stress, responsibilities, and chaos. It's no wonder that people are turning to natural remedies to help them find balance in their lives. One such remedy that has gained popularity in recent years is CBD, a compound derived from hemp plants. At Primabee, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality CBD products to help you achieve a sense of equilibrium in your life (1). This blog post will explore seven ways to find balance with CBD, backed by recent scientific and medical studies.
1. Manage Stress and Anxiety with CBD
One of the most well-known benefits of CBD is its potential to help manage stress and anxiety (2). A study published in the Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology found that CBD reduced anxiety levels in individuals with social anxiety disorder (3). Incorporating CBD into your daily routine can promote a sense of calm and balance throughout your day.
2. Improve Sleep Quality
A good night's sleep is crucial for maintaining physical and mental balance. However, many people need help to get the rest they need. CBD has been shown to improve sleep quality by reducing insomnia and other sleep disturbances (4). A study published in the journal Frontiers in Pharmacology found that CBD could help increase overall sleep amounts and improve sleep quality in patients with insomnia (5). By using CBD before bedtime, you can create a more restful environment and improve your sleep quality.
3. Alleviate Pain and Inflammation
Chronic pain and inflammation can disrupt the delicate balance of your body and mind. CBD has shown promise in managing pain and inflammation by interacting with the body's endocannabinoid system (6). A recent study published in the European Journal of Pain found that CBD could help reduce pain and inflammation in individuals with arthritis (7). Incorporating CBD into your wellness routine may help you find relief from pain and inflammation, allowing you to regain balance in your life.
4. Boost Cognitive Function
Maintaining mental clarity and focus is essential for achieving balance in your daily life. CBD has been found to possess neuroprotective properties, which may help improve cognitive function (8). A study published in the journal Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research found that CBD could help protect the brain from damage caused by oxidative stress, which is linked to cognitive decline (9). By using CBD regularly, you can support your brain health and maintain mental balance.
5. Promote a Healthy Gut
A healthy gut is essential for overall well-being, as it plays a vital role in digestion, immunity, and mental health. CBD has been found to help regulate the gut-brain axis, which is the communication pathway between the gut and the brain (10). A study published in the journal Frontiers in Neuroscience found that CBD could help reduce inflammation in the gut and promote a healthy gut microbiome (11). Incorporating CBD into your wellness routine can help you maintain a balanced gut, contributing to overall well-being.
6. Support Emotional Well-being
Emotional well-being is a vital aspect of achieving balance in your life. CBD has been shown to have potential mood-enhancing properties, which could help support emotional balance (12). A study published in the journal Molecular Neurobiology found that CBD could help promote neurogenesis (the growth of new neurons) in the hippocampus, an area of the brain associated with mood regulation (13). By using CBD to support emotional well-being, you can foster a more balanced state of mind.
7. Incorporate CBD into Mindfulness Practices
Mindfulness practices, such as meditation and yoga, have been proven to help promote balance and well-being. Incorporating CBD into these practices can help enhance their benefits and encourage a more profound sense of relaxation and focus (14). A study published in Complementary Therapies in Medicine found that CBD could help improve mindfulness and reduce stress levels in individuals participating in meditation and yoga practices (15). Combining CBD with mindfulness practices can create a powerful synergy to support balance and well-being in your life.
Finding balance in our lives is crucial for maintaining mental and physical health. CBD has shown promise in helping individuals achieve a sense of equilibrium through various pathways, including managing stress and anxiety, improving sleep quality, alleviating pain and inflammation, boosting cognitive function, promoting a healthy gut, supporting emotional well-being, and enhancing mindfulness practices. By incorporating CBD into your daily routine, you can take a step towards a more balanced and fulfilling life.
At Primabee, we are committed to providing high-quality CBD products to help you on your journey toward balance and wellness. Explore our range of products and find the perfect CBD solution for your unique needs. Let us help you find balance with CBD today.
1. Primabee. (n.d.). About Us. https://primabee.com/pages/about-us
2. Blessing, E. M., Steenkamp, M. M., Manzanares, J., & Marmar, C. R. (2015). Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders. Neurotherapeutics, 12(4), 825-836. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13311-015-0387-1
3. Zuardi, A. W., Rodrigues, N. P., Silva, A. L., Bernardo, S. A., Hallak, J. E., Guimarães, F. S., & Crippa, J. A. (2017). Inverted U-Shaped Dose-Response Curve of the Anxiolytic Effect of Cannabidiol during Public Speaking in Real Life. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 8, 259. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2017.00259
4. Babson, K. A., Sottile, J., & Morabito, D. (2017). Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of the Literature. Current Psychiatry Reports, 19(4), 23. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11920-017-0775-9
5. Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente Journal, 23, 18-041. https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/18-041
6. Nagarkatti, P., Pandey, R., Rieder, S. A., Hegde, V. L., & Nagarkatti, M. (2009). Cannabinoids as Novel Anti-Inflammatory Drugs. Future Medicinal Chemistry, 1(7), 1333-1349. https://doi.org/10.4155/fmc.09.93
7. Hammell, D. C., Zhang, L. P., Ma, F., Abshire, S. M., McIlwrath, S. L., Stinchcomb, A. L., & Westlund, K. N. (2016). Transdermal Cannabidiol Reduces Inflammation and Pain-Related Behaviours in a Rat Model of Arthritis. European Journal of Pain, 20(6), 936-948. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejp.818
8. Campos, A. C., Fogaça, M. V., Scarante , F. F., Joca, S. R., Sales, A. J., Gomes, F. V., Sonego, A. B., Rodrigues, N. S., Galve-Roperh, I., & Guimarães, F. S. (2017). Plastic and Neuroprotective Mechanisms Involved in the Therapeutic Effects of Cannabidiol in Psychiatric Disorders. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 8, 269. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2017.00269
9. Watt, G., & Karl, T. (2017). In Vivo Evidence for Therapeutic Properties of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer's Disease. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 8, 20. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2017.00020
10. Gugliandolo, A., Pollastro, F., Grassi, G., Bramanti, P., & Mazzon, E. (2018). In Vitro Model of Neuroinflammation: Efficacy of Cannabigerol, a Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 19(7), 1992. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19071992
11. Couch, D. G., Cook, H., Ortori, C., Barrett, D., Lund, J. N., & O'Sullivan, S. E. (2019). Palmitoylethanolamide and Cannabidiol Prevent Inflammation-induced Hyperpermeability of the Human Gut In Vitro and In Vivo-A Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double-blind Controlled Trial. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, 25(6), 1006-1018. https://doi.org/10.1093/ibd/izz017
12. Sales, A. J., Fogaça, M. V., Sartim, A. G., Pereira, V. S., Wegener, G., Guimarães, F. S., & Joca, S. R. (2019). Cannabidiol Induces Rapid and Sustained Antidepressant-like Effects through Increased BDNF Signaling and Synaptogenesis in the Prefrontal Cortex. Molecular Neurobiology, 56(2), 1070-1081. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-018-1143-4
13. Campos, A. C., Ortega, Z., Palazuelos, J., Fogaça, M. V., Aguiar, D. C., Díaz-Alonso, J., Ortega-Gutiérrez, S., Vázquez-Villa, H., Moreira, F. A., Guzmán, M., Galve-Roperh, I., & Guimarães, F. S. (2013). The Anxiolytic Effect of Cannabidiol on Chronically Stressed Mice Depends on Hippocampal Neurogenesis: Involvement of the Endocannabinoid System. The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 16(6), 1407-1419. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1461145712001502
14. Sarris, J., Sinclair, J., Karamacoska, D., Davidson, M., & Firth, J. (2020). Medicinal Cannabis for Psychiatric Disorders: A Clinically-focused Systematic Review. BMC Psychiatry, 20(1), 24. https://doi.org/10.1186/s