While stress has become acceptable, long-term stress can lead to serious health problems. Your body produces physical and mental responses when you encounter changes or challenges – resulting in stress. We are designed to handle stress in small doses, and it can help us stay motivated and prepared to avert danger. It is dangerous when we let it persists without periods of rest.
Causes of Stress
Name it, and it will probably make it to the list: doing too much for an extended period without a break, trauma, enduring a chronic disease, money problems, loss of a loved one, traffic, work issues, marital problems, and so on. These are all part of life's regular stressors that everyone deals with often. The main problem is that these causes are often overlooked, causing stress which affects daily life, sleep, and mental and physical health. When disregarded for long periods, stress is more harmful and leads to chronic stress.
Symptoms of Stress
- Physical – Having insomnia, body aches and pain, upset stomach, rapid heartbeat, and dry mouth, just to name a few.
- Emotional – Feeling anxious, easily frustrated, lonely, worthless, and saddened.
- Cognitive – Struggling with continuous worry, forgetfulness, disorganization, inability to concentrate, and poor judgment.
- Behavioral – Symptoms include appetite changes, stalling on responsibilities, increased use of alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes, and nervous behaviors like fidgeting.
There are simple things you can start doing immediately and regularly to manage stress.
- Breath: Take several deep, controlled breaths throughout the day. Breathing slows the heart rate and promotes relaxation.
- Laugh: You have probably heard that laughter is the best medicine. Find time to do so even in difficulty – there's something magical about it. Watching or listening to something funny, even if it is a momentary relief, will help.
- Exercise and Stretch: Either you love or hate exercise or lack motivation, but it doesn't need to be a stressful decision. It can start with parking your car several spots away from the store and walking; while seated, do some stretching exercises that you can easily find online; or go to a park and walk for thirty minutes. Remember, our joints are designed to move. Do this regularly, and you can start to feel better.
- Healthy Relationships: Take an inventory of people around you who help increase or decrease your stress. When you are in a stressful situation, the last thing you want to do is call someone who will only make you feel worse.
- Have ‘Me Time’: Simply put, do the simple things that give you joy, such as taking a short vacation or hang-out with your (positive) friends.
How Can CBD Help Manage Stress?
For many, these techniques are not enough but combined with CBD; they can effectively help combat the underlying symptoms of stress.
Also known as a cannabinoid, CBD, extracted from hemp, has been shown to relieve symptoms of stress. It is not impairing, causes a high, or brings the same effects as THC - a chemical found in marijuana. Also, CBD does not cause dependency; therefore, it is safe. "CBD has shown therapeutic efficacy in a range of animal models of anxiety and stress, reducing both behavioral and psychological and physiological (e.g., heart rate) measures of stress and anxiety," states the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
There are many forms of CBD. The most common examples include the following:
Oral: includes capsules and acting premium Broad-Spectrum tinctures that can be swallowed or placed under the tongue. CBD oil tinctures are the fastest-acting and deliver almost immediate results. Best of all, tinctures offer the highest bioavailability meaning your body absorbs more, and less is lost on the way.
Topical: Topical CBD goes through your body via the endocannabinoid receptors under the skin to provide comfort and relief. Made from all-natural ingredients, premium Hemp Extract, Organic Lavender Oil, and MCT Oil, our Zen Roll on Hemp & Lavender essential oil will calm your body and mind. CBD Lavender bath bombs will help wash off daily stress and make your baths even more relaxing.
Edibles: includes beverages, baked goods, and vegan CBD gummies. These Premium 10 mg Calm and Chill Broad-Spectrum CBD gummies are an easy way to enjoy the CBD benefits. They are tasty, convenient, and fun and come in various flavors. Vegan gummies are a great place to start with CBD or to support your wellness regimen.
CBD is millions of consumers' favorite for many good reasons, including its potential to relax consumers. Now that you know the link between CBD and stress management and different types of CBD products, you have to choose the best fit and make a routine for yourself to see if it helps you manage stress.While CBD can be a wonderful addition to combat stress, shopping for CBD can be stressful, especially if you forget to place your order on time. At Primabee, you can subscribe to your favorite products so they always arrive on time. Best of all, by doing so, you’ll get them at a discounted price.